Let there be light
Our courts are available to play on all year round and all day long.
The lighting system was a project partnership between Nelson City Council and Nelson Lawn Tennis Club and we're all very proud that Nelson has a fantastic tennis centre that makes participating in sport and leisure activities even easier.
There is signage at the courts that lets you know how to use the lights.
We've tried to make it as easy as possible.
The system uses a white magnetic card. These cards are available at the Sprig & Fern pub on Milton Street. The pub is open early in the day and late into the night, so should be open at a convenient time for you to get a card.
- Go to Sprig & Fern, 134 Milton Street and purchase a light card ($10 - 1hr, $20 - 2hr, $80 for 10hrs), with $10 deposit required
- Access court (3 x $2 in coin box)
- Swipe card and select available court to activate lights
- At 5 minutes to the end of an hour, re-swipe and press button again to continue, or exit court
- Return card to Sprig & Fern to get your $10 deposit back
There is a discounted member-only rate if you load up light credit on your club access card.
Your membership card can be pre-loaded with access to lights at a membership rate of $8 per hour. A minimum of 5 hours ($40) can be loaded at one time.
Deposit the money into the club’s bank account: 03 1354 0349167 00 with:
- The reference: lights
- Your name
- Your card number (5 digits located in top right corner of your swipe card)
Your credit will be loaded within 2-3 days.
For any lighting issues or enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org